“Sustainability in the Global Mining Industry 2012-2013: Market Trends and Opportunities, Profitability and Budget Forecast, Mining Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives” is a report that analyzes what sustainability means to the global mining market and how it is being implemented.
- Overall, 'surface and highwall mining equipment', 'health and safety services and equipment', 'pumps, compressors, valves and actuators', and 'power supply, engines, transmission and drives' are the most-implemented sustainable procurement practices.
- Corporate and brand websites', 'email and newsletters', and 'conferences and events' are considered to be the most important marketing channels by 43%, 42%, and 38% of supplier respondents respectively.
- Corrosion resistant and metallic based materials', 'materials which reduce fuel consumption', and 'energy efficient materials that have a low impact on the environment' are the key attributes of green procurement, as identified by 47%, 40%, and 33%of buyer respondents respectively.
- On average, buyer companies in the global mining industry plan to allocate 24% of their total procurement budgets for sustainable products and services in 2012-2013.
- Explaining cost-benefit of sustainability to clients', giving 'informal presentations', and sending 'educational marketing messages' are considered the most important steps to be taken by supplier companies in order to market their green credentials to clients.