Nominations for the 2021 CEEC Medal are now open
The CEEC Medal is awarded annually to the author or authors of the most outstanding published paper, article or case study that profiles improvements in energy-efficient comminution practice. Medals may be awarded in two categories:
- Technical Research
Key evaluation criteria
- The potential improvement in comminution energy efficiency and the financial benefits resulting from that improvement.
- Please include a business case demonstrating both these factors.
- The ability of the concepts outlined in the paper, article or case study to be readily adapted to an operating plant or into the design of new circuits.
- Please demonstrate with case studies.
- The robustness of the data analysis and conclusions drawn.
- The extent to which the paper, article or case study communicates its ideas clearly and effectively.
- CEEC Medal application form – provides information about author/s and the submitted work (download here)
- A copy of the published paper, article or case study
- An abstract of the published work (maximum one page).
The review process has two steps:
- Meritorious submissions are distributed for review by members of CEEC’s Technical and Research Committee.
- The committee presents the final recommendation in both categories to the CEEC Board of Directors for approval.
Decisions by the CEEC Board are final and are not subject to appeal. The CEEC Board reserves the right to abstain from awarding the CEEC Medal should no applications meet the award criteria.
Submissions are accepted continuously up until 31 October. CEEC Medal winners are presented with their awards at an appropriate mining event* in the author's/authors' country of employment. *May be virtual/online.
All application data (including the evaluation and reviewer commentary) are held in confidence during the application period. However, winners and selected shortlisted high commendations are also announced, together with information about the winning papers, articles or case studies.
- Global recognition as the outstanding contributor/s of beneficial eco-efficient comminution strategies
- Publicity of CEEC Medal winner in CEEC media releases, CEEC newsletters and on CEEC’s website
- Use of CEEC Medal Winner logo on letterhead, newsletters, web site, in investor bulletins, etc by the winner and company whose employee/s win the CEEC Medal
- Presentation of the CEEC Medal at a prestigious industry event, acknowledging the Medal winners and their work
- A CEEC feature article published in collaboration with a global mining media organization, with information from a CEEC interview with authors, to help share the story behind the CEEC Medal win.