Nominations for the 2023 CEEC Medal are now open
The annual CEEC Medal celebrates and recognises the contribution that applied research and validation makes towards improving energy efficiency, water management and emissions reductions globally. By awarding the medal, we raise the profile of best practice strategies and application through the:
- Recognition of individuals or teams who make an outstanding contribution in applied research and innovations in the fields of energy-efficiency, water utilisation, waste reprocessing and GHG emission reductions
- Acknowledgement of individuals or teams who help to build global knowledge, awareness and inspire professional excellence and raising of standards in others
- Demonstration of the social and commercial benefits to be gained by adopting alternative comminution, water and waste management practices and designs.
Medals may be awarded in two categories:
- Technical Research
Key evaluation criteria
- The potential improvement in comminution, mineral processing, energy, water and tailings management and the financial benefits resulting from that improvement.
- Please include a business case demonstrating these factors.
- The ability of the concepts outlined in the paper, article or case study to be readily adapted to an operating plant or into the design of new circuits.
- Please demonstrate with case studies.
- The robustness of the data analysis and conclusions drawn.
- The extent to which the paper, article or case study communicates its ideas clearly and effectively.
Applicants need to submit the requirements listed below here .
- CEEC Medal application form – provides information about author/s and the submitted work (complete here)
The review process has two steps:
- Meritorious submissions are distributed for review by members of CEEC’s Technical Advisory Committee.
- The committee presents the final recommendation in both categories to the CEEC Board of Directors for approval.
Decisions by the CEEC Board are final and are not subject to appeal. The CEEC Board reserves the right to abstain from awarding the CEEC Medal should no applications meet the award criteria.
Submissions are accepted continuously up until th close date. CEEC Medal winners are presented with their awards at an appropriate mining event* in the author's/authors' country of employment. *May be virtual/online.
All application data (including the evaluation and reviewer commentary) are held in confidence during the application period. However, winners and selected shortlisted high commendations are also announced, together with information about the winning papers, articles or case studies.
- Global recognition as the outstanding contributor/s of beneficial eco-efficient strategies
- Publicity of CEEC Medal winner in CEEC media releases, CEEC newsletters and on CEEC’s website
- Use of CEEC Medal Winner logo on letterhead, newsletters, website, in investor bulletins, etc by the winner and company whose employee/s win the CEEC Medal
- Presentation of the CEEC Medal at a prestigious industry event, acknowledging the Medal winners and their work
- A CEEC feature article published in collaboration with a global mining media organization, with information from a CEEC interview with authors, to help share the story behind the CEEC Medal win.