Nominations for the 2023 CEEC Medal are now open
The annual CEEC Medal celebrates and recognises the contribution that applied research and validation makes towards improving energy efficiency, water management and emissions reductions globally.
By awarding the medal, we seek to raise the status of eco-efficient strategies through the:
- Recognition of individuals or teams who make an outstanding contribution towards improving eco-efficiency in mineral processing by reducing energy, water and/or tailings.
- Acknowledgement of individuals or teams who help to build global knowledge and inspire eco-efficient excellence in others
- Identification of individuals and teams who build greater awareness and understanding in the wider community of the benefits of eco-efficient strategies
- Demonstration of the business benefits of alternative flow sheets.
Papers will be judged on three key parameters: Impact, Applicability and Quality.
Medals may be awarded in two categories:
- Technical Research
Key evaluation criteria
- The potential reduction in energy, water and/or tailings.
- The ability of the concepts to be readily adopted in design or operation of mineral processing circuits.
- Please demonstrate with case studies.
- Robust data analysis, logical presentation of results and clearly communicated conclusion
Applicants need to submit the requirements listed below here .
- CEEC Medal application form – provides information about author/s and the submitted work (complete here)
The review process has two steps:
- Meritorious submissions are distributed for review by members of CEEC’s Technical Advisory Committee.
- The committee presents the final recommendation in both categories to the CEEC Board of Directors for approval.
Decisions by the CEEC Board are final and are not subject to appeal. The CEEC Board reserves the right to abstain from awarding the CEEC Medal should no applications meet the award criteria.
Submissions are accepted continuously up until th close date, February 29, 2024. CEEC Medal winners are presented with their awards at an appropriate mining event* in the author's/authors' country of employment. *May be virtual/online.
All application data (including the evaluation and reviewer commentary) are held in confidence during the application period. However, winners and selected shortlisted high commendations are also announced, together with information about the winning papers, articles or case studies.
- Global recognition as the outstanding contributor/s of beneficial eco-efficient strategies
- Publicity of CEEC Medal winner in CEEC media releases, CEEC newsletters and on CEEC’s website
- Use of CEEC Medal Winner logo on letterhead, newsletters, website, in investor bulletins, etc by the winner and company whose employee/s win the CEEC Medal
- Presentation of the CEEC Medal at a prestigious industry event, acknowledging the Medal winners and their work
- A CEEC feature article published in collaboration with a global mining media organization, with information from a CEEC interview with authors, to help share the story behind the CEEC Medal win.