Partner with CEEC for recognition of energy efficiency improvements in your company!
Platts is a leading global provider of energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information, and a premier source of benchmark price assessments for those commodity markets. Over the past 15 years the Global Energy Awards have honored and recognized those who have transcended the status quo in the name of excellence in leadership, innovation and performance in the energy industry.
The idea of meeting current and future energy needs through the practice of energy efficiency measures is nothing new. Indeed, making the most of existing energy generation has long been viewed as a simple, cost-effective way to address, for example, global warming, energy security and fossil fuel depletion. This award recognizes a longterm, systematic commitment to energy efficiency.
There will be two awards given in this category: Energy Supplier and Commercial End-User.
Judges will focus exclusively on performance and achievements since January 2012.
For this award, the judges will consider energy management programs run within large corporations or agencies seeking to improve the way they use their energy and will also include smart grid implementations. In addition to reduction per unit or key metric, the judges also want to see comprehensive improvements and percentage of overall results.
Demand side management program portfolios run by utilities and other program administrators to help consumers and businesses save energy are eligible for this award. The judges are looking for evidence to set the entry apart from others—in terms of absolute achievement and improvement in participation levels, savings levels, cost-effectiveness, and innovation in program design, marketing, and implementation. Smart grid programs will be considered inasmuch as they produce documented energy savings.
Fast Facts about the Platts Global Energy Awards
- Platts receives more than 200 nominations each year
- Nominations have come from more than 25 countries including Brazil, India, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Argentina, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States
- Platts is proud to count former OPEC energy ministers, national regulators, former heads of major energy companies and leading academics and legislators among its judges, past and present
- Each category has key criteria against which the judges will evaluate each nomination
- The Platts Global Energy Awards have been described by past entrants and winners as both the "World Series" and "Academy Awards" of energy
- More than 500 energy industry executives attend the black-tie Platts Global Energy Awards recognition dinner
Platts is a division of McGraw Hill Financial, a leader in credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics for the global capital and commodity markets. McGraw Hill Financial’s other well-known brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power & Associates, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Since 1953, Platts has shared its parent company’s long-standing tradition of journalistic independence and integrity, and its steadfast commitment to providing the markets with the highest quality, timely and insightful information.