Honourable Bill Bennett, Minister of Energy and Mines will join present as keynote for the first installment of the 2013/14 AME BC Speaker Series with an update on current issues in the mineral exploration and development industry including taxation, permitting and environmental assessment, Aboriginal engagement, and public geoscience. Q&A session to follow.
The AME BC Speaker Series is a networking lunch event held three times a year that provides invaluable opportunities for members to connect with industry leaders to gain first-hand accounts of current and upcoming issues in the mineral exploration and development sector. Non-members are welcome to attend.
Date: Friday, October 4, 2013
Time: 12:00 - 1:30 pm
Location: Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, Versailles Ballroom
Address: 845 Burrard Street, Vancouver
Click here to download the registration form.
Past Speakers Include:
- Ned Goodman, President and CEO, Dundee Corporation. Bio.
- Diane Francis (National Post) Bio and Photo Gallery.
- Chief Clarence Louie (Osoyoos Indian Band) Bio and Photo Gallery.
- Dr. Don Wright President, BCIT and Paul Henning of Rio Tinto
- Vivian Krause (Vancouver-based writer and researcher)
- Ross Beaty, Executive Chairman, Alterra Power Corp.
- Robert Quartermain, President, CEO and Director, Pretivm Resources Inc.
- Don Lindsay, President & Chief Executive Officer, Teck Resources Limited
- Patricia Mohr; Vice-President, Economics and Commodity Market Specialist; The Scotiabank Group, Toronto
- Geoff Plant, Partner, Heenan Blaikie
- Geoffrey Burns, President and CEO, Pan American Silver Corp.
- Wei Shao; Counsel, China Practice; Blake, Cassels and Graydon LLP (Vancouver office)
- Rick Van Nieuwenhuyse, President & CEO, NovaGold Resources Inc. / Don Lindsay, President & CEO, Teck Resources Limited (formerly Teck Cominco Limited) / Curtis Rattray, former Chairperson, Tahltan Central Council
- Rex McLennan, former Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, VANOC
- Honourable George Abbott, BC Minister of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation; and Gwaans (Beverley Clifton Percival), Member and Negotiator, Gitxsan Hereditary Chiefs; and Chair, BC All Chiefs’ Task Force
- National Chief Phil Fontaine, Assembly of First Nations
- Honourable Randy Hawes, BC Minister of State for Mining; and the Honourable Pat Bell, BC Minister of Forests, Mines and Lands
- Hon. Gordon Hogg, former Minister of State for Mining
- Carole James, Leader of the Official Opposition, BC Legislative Assembly
- Hon. Gary Lunn, former Minister of Natural Resources Canada
- Hon. Carole Taylor, former BC Minister of Finance