The team at CEEC wishes you a happy, healthy and productive New Year!
2017 was an outstanding (and very busy) year for CEEC and we're looking forward to an even more spectacular 2018. We’re proud of what we were able to achieve, so we thought we would share some of the highlights with you.
We kicked off our series of successful global workshops in South America, finishing up down under in Australia (click on the orange text to find out more):
- Chilean Mining Energy Innovation forum, Santiago.
- Collaboration to Enhance Innovation, Value and Energy Efficiency workshop, Lima, Peru
- Mining Energy Efficiency and Innovation workshop @ IMARC, Melbourne, Australia
We welcomed 4 new sponsors – Hatch, Eriez, PETRA Data Science and CRC ORE. Without the generous support of our valued and visionary sponsors, CEEC would not exist. See our sponsorship announcements:
We proudly announced the 2017 CEEC Medal winners:
- Technical Research – Professor Fengnian (Frank) Shi, Dr Weiran Zuo and Professor Emmy Manlapig for their paper, ‘Pre-concentration of copper ores by high voltage pulses. Part 2: Opportunities and challenges’.
- Operations– Aidan Giblett and Steven Hart from Newmont for their paper, ‘Grinding Circuit Practices at Newmont’.
These papers represent exceptional contributions to the global mining industry’s body of comminution knowledge. You could add to that body of knowledge by nominating examples of your leading comminution practices (or nominate someone else's great work) for the 2018 CEEC Medal. Applications are now open.
Earlier in the year, the achievements of CEEC Chairman Joe Pease and his colleague Dr Bill Johnson were recognised when the pair were inducted into the International Mining Technology Hall of Fame. Story here.
Finally, over the Christmas break, we announced the launch of our new website. The revamped website is a key comminution communication hub that supports industry innovation and value-enhancing improvements. Check it out here.
Thank you for your continued support of CEEC.