Key strategic and operational issues facing the mining industry – from project/operations level management through to the boardroom – will be the focus of Aspermont Media’s Future of Mining conference in Sydney this month.
Organisers said the conference was designed “to step away from the traditional transactional conference model to provide a transformational experience”.
Future of Mining will feature more than 80 speakers addressing the themes of exploration, development, management, infrastructure and leadership, with a particular emphasis on:
- Disruption in mining
- Value chain optimisation (a holistic approach)
- Game-changing equipment
- Innovation in the supply chain
- The role of mining equipment, technology and services (METS) companies
- People issues.
The conference will also feature:
- The Insight Stage, with more than 30 companies showcasing their latest technologies, innovations and services to the mining industry, including Caterpillar, Inmarsat, Komatsu, MMD, Motion Metrics, MST Global and Xage.
- The interactive group, Knowledge Exchanges, will examine some of mining’s most crucial and game-changing opportunities for the coming year. The discussions will be led by experts in the field.
- Future of Mining Awards: Presented at a special reception at the Garden Lounge on 25 March. Award categories include operational excellence, innovation, environmental excellence, emerging leader of the year, and start-up of the year.
Conference organisers are expecting more than 500 senior executives from global mining and development companies, contractors, consultants and advisors, plus specialists from plant management, operations and logistics to attend Future of Mining. Register now to join them.
“This is a unique opportunity to come together in a content-driven setting to hear case studies, peer-led discussions, and get insights into the latest innovation and technology which are driving mine productivity, efficiency and safety today,” organisers said.
“By showcasing new cutting edge trends and addressing catalysts for future change, we identify your growth opportunities and discuss the challenges and disruptions inherent to all strategic planning.”