South Africa – Comminution ’23
MEI’s 13th International Comminution Symposium (Comminution ’23) conference will be held in Cape Town, South Africa from 17th-20th April 2023. CEEC is a proud Industry Advocate of this event.
The event, which will be the 13th in the series, will profile cutting-edge research and innovation in all aspects of crushing, grinding and ultrafine grinding in the minerals industry. The conference organisers are expecting a large turnout of delegates who are keen to get back to doing business and socialising face-to-face – in fact, the exhibition is already sold out.
They strongly encourage industrially based research papers showing the benefits of basing practical application on scientific rigour, such as the industrial validation of models and control techniques. Short abstracts, of no more than 150 words, should be submitted through the online portal by October 31st, 2022. Abstracts should be in English, the official language of the conference.
Serbia - IMPRC 2023
The XV International Mineral Processing and Recycling Conference (IMPRC 2023) will take place in Belgrade, Serbia on 17th-19th May 2023.
The conference organisers aim to create an international forum for academics, researchers, and scientists from around the world to present their latest research results, ideas, and developments regarding the issues related to mineral processing and recycling technologies and related areas.
Conference topics include:
- Comminution and Classification;
- Material Analysis and Mineral Characterization;
- Physical enrichment – gravity, magnetic and electrostatic separation;
- Flotation and Surface Chemistry Processes, Flotation reagents, Flotation technology;
- Mineral Processing Management of Complex Ores;
- Leaching and Solutions Processing;
- Coal Processing;
- Dewatering and Agglomeration;
- Sustainability in Mineral Processing;
- Education and Other Subjects Related to Mineral Processing;
- Waste Generation and Analysis;
- Recycling and Utilization of Industrial Waste;
- Recycling of Bio-waste;
- Treatment of Waste (mechanical, biological, chemical, thermal, other);
- Environmental Engineering;
- Waste and Resource Management;
- Renewable Energies;
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development;
- Plant and Process Design;
- Simulation, Modeling and Process Control;
- Legislation Aspects on Environmental Protection and Waste Management; and
- Education in the Recycling and Sustainable Development Area.
UK – Sustainable Minerals ’23
MEI’s 8th International Symposium on Sustainable Minerals (Sustainable Minerals '23) conference will be held in Falmouth, Cornwall, UK from 7th-9th June 2023. CEEC is a proud Industry Advocate of this event.
The theme of the conference is how the rapid growth of the world economy is straining the sustainable use of the Earth’s natural resources due to modern society’s extensive use of metals, materials and products. An astute and conscious application and use of metals, materials and products supported by the reuse and recycling of these materials and end-of-life products is imperative to the preservation of the Earth’s resources. The realisation of the ambitions of sustainable use of metals, materials and resources demands that the different disciplines of the material and consumer product system are connected and harmonised.
This conference will discuss all aspects of material and metal usage by considering for example (but not exclusively):
- Acid Mine Drainage;
- Clean Technology (smelting, energy recovery, hydrometallurgical, etc.);
- Coal Wastes;
- Effluent Treatment (biological and chemical methods for water purification);
- Energy Recovery;
- Water use and recycling;
- Environmental Impact Assessment Methodologies (LCA, metrics for sustainability, LCI, etc.);
- Industrial Applications (novel technology, new methods, breakthrough technology, etc.);
- Legislation (REACH, Basel, Stockholm, etc.);
- Process Control (to monitor and optimize environmental performance of plants, unit operations, furnaces);
- Processing of Industrial Wastes (slags, chemical, flue dusts, sludges, bottom ashes, etc.);
- Recycling of Post Consumer Materials (car recycling, waste electric and electronic equipment, plastics, paper);
- Tailings Disposal at mine sites;
- Recycling Systems (monitoring, take-back systems, etc.);
- Recycling Technology (separation, automatic sorting, sensors, smelting, etc.);
- Sustainability (from an industrial as well as consumer point of view);
- System and other models for system optimization and Sustainability prediction;
- Carbon emission controls; case studies of existing methods to reduce emissions and new technology being developed such as carbon capture and storage;
- Efforts to reduce energy consumption in mining and mineral processing operations; and
- Developments in geopolymers as alternatives to conventional cements.
The call for abstracts is open until the end of February 2023. Abstracts should be in English and no longer than 150 words, and can be submitted through the online portal.
Zambia - Copper Cobalt Africa 2023
SAIMM’s third Copper Cobalt Africa conference will take place in Livingstone, Zambia from 13th-15th June 2023.
The organisers said that the event will provide a unique forum for discussion, sharing of experience and knowledge, and networking for all those interested in the processing of copper, cobalt and base metals in an African context.
They noted that the African Copper Belt has experienced a period of some difficulty since the last conference, held in 2018. Owing to the global slowdown in commodity demand during the early stages of the pandemic, many operations scaled down production or were placed on care and maintenance. For those continuing in business, this resulted in considerable focus on process and operating cost optimisation, productivity improvements, product quality enhancements, skills development and capacity building, and consolidation of best practice within the industry. Ongoing projects are required to be well-defined and -motivated, and subject to greater technical and financial scrutiny, to ensure that they can rapidly ramp up and deliver immediate value.
The burgeoning global lithium-ion battery market has, however, opened up numerous opportunities in the region for expanded cobalt production and interest in producing high-purity base-metal salts for cathode material applications, as well as consideration of recycling efforts for end-of-life products.
This conference provides a platform for discussion of new and more agile ways of operating and remaining relevant and innovative in a world that has changed considerably since the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The conference topics include:
- Minerals processing;
- Sulphide and oxide flotation;
- Pyrometallurgy and roasting;
- Slag treatment;
- Operational practices and improvements;
- Project development and execution;
- Novel technologies;
- Recycling and urban mining;
- Waste treatment and minimization; and
- Environmental issues.
Online/Canada – SAG 2023
SAG 2023 (R)Evolution will take place in Vancouver, Canada on 24th-28th September 2023.
The conference will bring together mineral processing professionals with a focus on evolving comminution towards a sustainable future. The organisers said that attendees will be able to expand their knowledge base and learn about advances in innovation, the key changes happening in crushing and grinding that will help shape mining for the next decade. It will also focus on specific environmental initiatives, and improving the economic and social wellbeing of the communities where mining takes place.
While SAG 2023 will be an in-person conference, there will also be an opportunity to attend virtually to view and listen to the technical presentations.
The technical session topics include:
- Comminution Circuit Design;
- Modelling & Simulation;
- Test Work & Characterization;
- Geometallurgy & Mine to Mill;
- Advances in Mills & Liner Design;
- Construction and Project Delivery of SAG and HPGR Circuits;
- Plant Commissioning and Ramp-up;
- Process Control and Digital Automation;
- Circuit Optimization;
- Safer Operation & Maintenance Practice; and
- Energy Efficient and More Sustainable Comminution.
Online/Australia – MetPlant 2023
The MetPlant 2023 conference will be held online and in Adelaide, Australia from 29th October – 1st November 2023. CEEC is a proud supporter of this event.
The conference theme is ‘World’s Best Practice in Metallurgical Plant Design and Operating Strategies’, while major underpinning themes are energy/carbon footprint reduction, process safety and ESG in autonomous operations, modularisation of plants, social performance and designing for renewable energy. CEEC Director and past Chair Joe Pease is one of the Keynote speakers at the event.
The event will be hosted face to face and online through a virtual platform. Delegates will access outstanding keynote and technical presentations, interactive panel sessions, a full live trade exhibition, virtual booths, interactive discussion groups and networking functions, from anywhere in the world.
The organising committee are very excited to be holding this premier event in South Australia for the first time in its long history, on the doorstep of some of the most complex and exciting metallurgical plants and operations.
The conference will be the event you know and love, the Organising Committee remains the same and it will be delivered using an alternative Professional Conference Organiser (PCO).
All previously announced Keynote speakers remain committed, along with the sponsors, exhibitors, and partners.
MetPlant 2023 has strong support from the South Australian Government, the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Convention Bureau (ACB) and local South Australian businesses which will provide an enhanced delegate and accompanying partner experience including additional opportunities for customisation of sponsor and exhibition facilities.
The call for abstracts is open until 18th November 2022; there is no need for authors to resubmit their abstracts (if previously submitted via AusIMM’s website) at this time.