UK – Sustainable Minerals ’23
MEI’s 8th International Symposium on Sustainable Minerals (Sustainable Minerals '23) conference will be held in Falmouth, Cornwall, UK from 7th-9th June 2023. CEEC is a proud Industry Advocate of this event.
The theme of the conference is how the rapid growth of the world economy is straining the sustainable use of the Earth’s natural resources due to modern society’s extensive use of metals, materials and products. An astute and conscious application and use of metals, materials and products supported by the reuse and recycling of these materials and end-of-life products is imperative to the preservation of the Earth’s resources. The realisation of the ambitions of sustainable use of metals, materials and resources demands that the different disciplines of the material and consumer product system are connected and harmonised.
This conference will discuss all aspects of material and metal usage by considering for example (but not exclusively):
- Acid Mine Drainage;
- Clean Technology (smelting, energy recovery, hydrometallurgical, etc.);
- Coal Wastes;
- Effluent Treatment (biological and chemical methods for water purification);
- Energy Recovery;
- Water use and recycling;
- Environmental Impact Assessment Methodologies (LCA, metrics for sustainability, LCI, etc.);
- Industrial Applications (novel technology, new methods, breakthrough technology, etc.);
- Legislation (REACH, Basel, Stockholm, etc.);
- Process Control (to monitor and optimize environmental performance of plants, unit operations, furnaces);
- Processing of Industrial Wastes (slags, chemical, flue dusts, sludges, bottom ashes, etc.);
- Recycling of Post Consumer Materials (car recycling, waste electric and electronic equipment, plastics, paper);
- Tailings Disposal at mine sites;
- Recycling Systems (monitoring, take-back systems, etc.);
- Recycling Technology (separation, automatic sorting, sensors, smelting, etc.);
- Sustainability (from an industrial as well as consumer point of view);
- System and other models for system optimization and Sustainability prediction;
- Carbon emission controls; case studies of existing methods to reduce emissions and new technology being developed such as carbon capture and storage;
- Efforts to reduce energy consumption in mining and mineral processing operations; and
- Developments in geopolymers as alternatives to conventional cements.
The call for abstracts is open until the end of December. Abstracts should be in English and no longer than 150 words, and can be submitted through the online portal.
South Africa – Flotation ’23
MEI’s 11th International Flotation Conference (Flotation '23) will take place in Cape Town, South Africa from 6th-9th November 2023.
The four-day conference will focus on:
- Fundamental reagent and flotation chemistry;
- Bubbles, froths, bubble-particle interactions;
- Flotation cell hydrodynamics, kinetics and scale-up;
- Plant Operations, particularly related to new technology, and process mineralogy problems;
- Flotation Circuits, and their modelling, simulation, control and optimisation;
- Flotation machine developments;
- Metallic, non-metallic and coal flotation; and
- Environmental considerations.
The call for abstracts is open until 31st May 2023. Abstracts should be in English and no longer than 150 words, and can be submitted through the online portal.