CEEC CEO Alison Keogh interviews Simon Hille of Eldorado Gold and Mark Adams formerly of Metso Outotec after the presentation of the 2020 CEEC Medal to winners for outstanding work.
They discuss innovation and supporting commercialization to scale with success, energy and water efficient approaches to mineral processing, the drivers of change, CEEC, and the benefits of collaboration.
- Disruptive breakage approaches of the future
- Overcoming limitations
- Dry classification
- Better separation
- Pre-concentrated material
- What’s limiting a step change in efficiency
- Time to commercialise considerations
- Adopting sorting into mainstream
- Is getting existing technologies in place key?
- The focus on incremental improvements
- Industry challenge of lower grades and higher tonnages
- Why we need to redesign mines
- The focus on water in mineral processing
- The culture shifts required for change
- Attitude to risk
- Empowering new ideas
- Compressing time to commercialisation
- How CEEC can shed light on opportunities to improve