Canada’s vision for the future of mineral processing will be under the spotlight at CIM 2018 Convention in Vancouver next month. Join senior mining leaders, including CEEC Director Simon Hille, for this important global event.
Network with some of the 5000 participants to learn about the latest advances and pick up practical solutions to industry challenges – improve, optimise and innovate.
One of 12 streams held over three days, A Vision for the Future: Mineral Processing in Canada will include talks and case studies on the topics of ore sorting | flotation | reconcentration | value from grinding optimisation | predictive control | SAG mill drive improvement | automation | digital solutions | water improvement | and waste and tails.
- Jump into sessions from minerals processing or these other streams:
- Maintenance, engineering and reliability best practices
- Mining projects development
- Environment and sustainable development
- Leading in safety
- Practical operations in surface mining
- Rock mechanics
- Exploration and mine geology
- Mining metamorphosis: Innovation that will redefine mining
- Underground mining
- Diversity and inclusion
- Management and financial day
- Poster competition
- Pass by the CIM EXPO – Canada’s premier mining trade show
- Don your black tie or frock for the CIM Awards Gala.
- 5000 participants
- 340 speakers
- 40 countries
- 12 streams
- 3 days
- Vancouver Convention Centre
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 6-9 May
- Register here
- Technical program here
- Further details here.
Driving Change: Innovation and Collaboration Day
While you’re at CIM 2018, take part in Driving Change, an interactive day to set the strategy for increased collaboration across the mining industry.
Hosted by Teck, the event will bring together top experts to focus on four key topics:
- Driving the cyber secure mining company
- Smart mining IIOT testbed
- Artificial intelligence: Identifying opportunities to realize value
- Next generation mining processes: Where surface meets underground.
- 9 May 2018
- 8.30am to 4pm PDT
- Teck Resources, 550 Burrard Street Headframe, Vancouver.
- Register here.
This event is hosted in conjunction with GMSG and MM-ISAC, along with partners CIM, CMIC, CEMI and Business Sweden.