CEEC is pleased to announce a strong and insightful speaker and panellist line-up for the CEEC Mineral Processing and Innovation Workshop – Energy Curves on Monday 27 August 2018, in the lead-up to the Mill Ops conference.
Our keynote speakers are:
- Dr Ben Adair, CRC ORE - Chief Executive Officer and Managing
- Ms Amy Lamb, MMG - Group Metallurgist
- Dr Mary Stewart, Energetics – Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director
- Mr Dirk Baas, PanAust - Senior Advisor Process Control
- Prof Neville Plint, UQ Sustainable Minerals Institute – Director.
Addressing the panel topic – Tackling Comminution Efficiency – Challenges and Opportunities – our panel experts include:
- Panel Chair:Mr Greg Lane, Ausenco - Chief Technical Officer
- Mr Aidan Giblett, Newmont - Senior Technical Advisor Mineral Processing
- Mr Joe Seppelt, OZ Minerals - Manager Processing, Carrapateena
- Ms Suzy Lynch-Watson, Metso - Global Consulting and Labs Manager
- Prof Malcolm Powell, UQ Sustainable Minerals Institute - Prof of Sustainable Comminution.
Session 1 (12-2pm): Lunch and learn: Value and options for energy efficiency – minerals processing. Learn from keynote speakers, then help map improvement and emerging innovation options.
Session 2 (2-4pm): Apply and improve: Global case studies and applying energy curves using operational data (group activity). Hear from CEEC Chair Joe Pease, SMI Director Prof Neville Plint and SMI-JKMRC Senior Research Fellow, Dr Grant Ballantyne, who will take you on an interactive journey as you learn and apply steps to target energy efficiency via comminution. This session includes exploration of practical international case studies.
Session 3 (4pm-6pm): Share and solve: Leaders’ insights and your improvement opportunities (includes panel session led by Greg Lane). Hear how to overcome challenges and lead change in your organisation. Take away practical improvement, and mine site and business development options.
Networking drinks (6-7.30pm).
Join us for this engaging, collaborative and strategic workshop and be motivated by our inspirational keynote speakers.
Be the first to test-drive four new enhancements to our energy curves!
For plant operators, learn how to apply the energy curves (including new enhancements for energy cost, ancillary energy, different commodities and embodied energy) and identify what you can do now to improve the energy efficiency of your plant/comminution circuit; what your future improvement options are; and the best emerging technologies to suit your operational needs. Plus, engage with experts on successful implementation case studies from around the world.
For mining leaders, this workshop is a great chance to consider how much value can be harnessed by addressing the energy efficiency of comminution and mineral processing across your business; learn about a wide range of practical options that could future proof your business from spikes in energy prices; and pick up practical ways to deliver on your sustainability targets, particularly in relation to energy, water and carbon footprint.
For METS companies, keep up with the latest advances and challenges in minerals processing and comminution; network with plant operators and mining leaders; and learn how to better target your energy reduction technologies and services.
Bookings are essential and seats are limited, so register now to secure your place. Click here!
- Monday 27 August 2018
- In the lead-up to AusIMM’s Mill Operators’ conference
- Midday to 6pm (register by 11.45am)
- Networking drinks 6pm-7.30pm
- United Services Club, 183 Wickham Tce, Spring Hill, Brisbane (just up the hill from the CBD)
- $690 + GST – places limited
- Student discounts available.
This event is an initiative of the CEEC Advanced Energy Curves Project, funded through a partnership between the Queensland Government; METS Ignited, an Australian Government Industry Growth Centre; and CEEC International Ltd.