In today’s episode of the 2020 CEEC Medal insights series, CEEC CEO Alison Keogh interviews Peter Lind formerly of of Newmont and Bryan Rairdan of Teck Resources after the presentation of the 2020 CEEC Medal to winners for outstanding work.
Hear miner’s inside views – on decarbonizing energy systems into mine sites, and improving water efficiency. Some of the ways important investor and community ESG and net zero expectations are being considered by technology leaders. They are finding new opportunities as they engineer ways to reduce mining’s footprint.
- Creating a compelling financial business case versus managing risk for senior leaders
- How do we better articulate the value of projects so that senior leaders can achieve their ESG actions?
- The difference between energy efficiency and carbon footprint
- Making processing decisions that benefit industry as a whole
- The emerging theme of integrating renewables and hybrid primary energy solutions into mine sites to reduce carbon footprint